Thursday 24 January 2013

Fahion Magazine Research

Although I am doing a music magazine you cannot ignore the fashion element which is so important when creating a magazine cover appealing to my specific target audience. After researching into various music magazines, I have decided to also research into various fashion magazines that I want to use to inspire my photos. This ROUGE magazine cover took my interest as it stands out from other magazine covers. The models messy hair, low back dress and cigarette are all factors which build up a relaxed, careless attitude which so many teenagers/young adults try to depict today. Her overall image is mysterious and captivating, her look will capture the male gaze and women will aspire to her fashion look. This magazine is unusually black and white; this makes the magazine stand out and create a mysterious overall effect. The ‘ROUGE’ masthead strongly stands out as it is pink. Pink attracts a female target audience.
This HENE fashion magazine also took my interest. What the model wears in a photo shoot is often under estimated on an importance level. This model is wearing a gold, sparkly dress which I think connotes glamour and a fashion statement. Gold symbolises wealth, prosperity and glamour which immediately appeals to many readers. Gold is a striking and bold colour. Her blonde hair links to the gold dress and creates a powerful colour theme. Her pose is eye catching, with her arm elegantly pushing her head back, and her captivating stare, the model captures the male gaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment