Tuesday 19 March 2013

Chosen Image for my Front Cover


This is my chosen image for my front cover. I am really happy with the results from my photo shoot. This image in particular stood out too me for a number of reasons; firstly, the image immediately portrays glamour and attitude which is the look I tried to capture.
A number of factors contribute to create this overall image. The fact that the model is holding a cigarette depicts a rebellious and controversial nature which many young adults can connect with in today's society. The models pose itself suggests a laid back, care free attitude which is helped by her hand placed boldly on her hip. Her head is tilted back, creating an image of superiority. 
Her gold sequinned dress almost contrasts with her f*** yeah attitude creating a bold statement overall image. Gold represents wealth, prosperity and glamour connecting with the readers desires. Her long hair is messy and free. Her make-up is bold, with her dark eye make up.
Her pose, hair and make-up and the fact she's smoking all add up to create that simplistic yet striking over all image. The model captures the male gaze as well as attention from female's through their interest in fashion. 
Ultimately the image will relate to my target audience as it captures the edgy feel of the music industry today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment