Tuesday 9 April 2013

Evaluation: Question 7

7. Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?


Throughout my project I have been really keen to learn some of the skills that goes into creating a magazine. I have been amazed at the complexity and differing skills that are used and needed, as well as the research and psychology that is required to make a successful media product. I feel as if I have learnt a lot in order to gain the skills required for this product. 
As I mentioned in question 6, I used Corel Draw to complete my preliminary task. After I had completed the task and carried on my research towards my final media product I wanted to use Adobe Photo Shop as this is a higher functioning programme which enabled me to achieve a higher and more professional looking standard.
When carrying out my preliminary task I was unaware of the amount of research needed to complete a successful magazine.  It is crucial for a magazine to have a target audience in order for it to appeal and feel personal to a range of particular people. To make sure I understood my target audiences interests I researched in to a number of magazines that have a similar target audience to me. This helped me incorporate ideas into my magazine that I knew would appeal to an audience of 15-25 year old's. I also carried out a questionnaire to see what my target audience would expect to see in a magazine.
Design wise, I would like to think that there is a massive difference between my school magazine and music magazine. Through careful planning and by using advanced programmes I was able to spend a lot longer designing my magazine to have a professional look finish. I think that my school magazine has an amateur look to it and I would hope that my music magazine looks a lot more professionally designed, which is what I was trying to achieve. I have definitely picked up some useful skills in design.
Through my research I heave learnt many advertising techniques crucial for any magazine to sell. I have learnt how different font sizes and texts can draw a reader in as it captures their interest. I have learnt that direct address can make a magazine more personal and appealing.
I feel as if I can confidently say that I have learnt a tremendous amount through my research. I have developed my research and gained skills that I did not have before my project. I hope that these newly found skills are visible in my finished media products as I have put them into practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment