Monday 8 April 2013

House Style

Throughout my research Iv'e been strongly aware that I wanted to develop a distinctive house style between my front cover, contents page and double page spread. It has emerged as a simple clean style with a bold font. The use of black and white is particularly effective in creating a modern professional look. My pre-visualised idea relates to my target audience as it has a modern urban feel. The high fashion element links to the music industry today and the interests of young adults as well as their aspirational appearance. 
My research showed me that most young adults would be willing to pay £2-£3.99 for a magazine which is an affordable price. I think its important that my target audience can read a high quality magazine but within a price range their suits their life style. 
My house style ideas have been inspired by the likes of VOGUE and ELLE but the contents of them has been inspired by popular music magazines such as NME and Q. I want to try and create the right balance between the two looks and have a finished product of a high fashion/modern urban design that links to the chart industry and the high class, edgy image it portrays today. 

Rolling Stones double page spread - house style inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment